Asia Sales Manager
Acaia is looking for a coffee professional to help build our business. The ideal person is excited about shaping the future for innovation and technology in coffee tools and making a difference in the global coffee culture.
To do this, you must be familiar with local and global coffee markets, have excellent communication & customer service skills, and have previous experience in sales. You should be familiar with our products and how they fit into the specialty coffee industry.
Our company is globally distributed and relies on digital communications. Like our customers, English is not always everyone’s native language. You should be able to clearly communicate our technology to non-native English speakers.
The sales manager is responsible for maintaining partner relationships in Asia (Excluding Japan). They handle issues with existing and potential customers, drive the sales cycle and sales volume, and coordinate sales forecasting. They should be able to accurately forecast and budget.The person we are looking for is a coffee professional with 3-5 years of sales experience, understands Acaia’s brand and products, and follows current industry trends. This person is someone who can anticipate customers’ needs and provide professional help to each customer through the entire sales process.
- Title: Asia Sales Manager
- Level: Manager
- Location: Taipei
- Experience: 2-5 years relevant sales experience. Relevant customer service experience required.
- Hours: Full time, salaried
- Compensation: Local Manager Pay
- Benefits: Flexible working schedule, paid vacation, sick days and holidays, possible travel to trade shows or events, and professional development opportunities.
- You will be trained if you are unfamiliar with the tools we use.
- Set up and manage our sales tools and processes. Tools used: Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Office, Slack, Stitchlabs, Shopify, and Jira.
- Keep sales projections on schedule and report to senior management on a regular basis.
- Research, qualify, review, and track all inbound sales inquiries. Follow up on leads and manage the sales pipeline.
- Prepare training materials for distributors, conduct and lead training for Acaia partners, their sales associates, and their affiliated sales partners.
- Handle some customer service inquiries, such as sales questions, local repairs, and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate replacements in other countries between distributors and customers.
- Support the Sales Team and sell at trade show booths, partner events, etc.
- Help coordinate and plan events as part of a cross-functional team. i.e trade shows. Create a sales strategy for the events.
- Learn and understand what goes into making a precision scale.
- Provide product feedback and testing as needed.
- Assist in mentoring junior Sales Team members.
- Communicate across a globally distributed company, as needed.
- Willing to work with our team with regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), economic status, or technology choices.
Skills and experience needed:
- Deep understanding of local or global specialty coffee markets & culture.
At least 3 to 5 years of sales experience.
- Strong organizational skills: you’ll need to be able to manage your time, coordinate with other departments, and handle sales inquiries.
- Experience with order management systems.
- Comfortable with frequent phone conversations and video conferences.
- Careful email practices: Timeliness, proper grammar, and familiarity with the English language. Please list if you are fluent in other languages.
- Good customer service skills: Email, video, and in-person.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Technically oriented. You’ll need to learn how our products work, who they would best serve, and how to adjust the scale to match the environment.
Skills appreciated, but not necessary:
- Fluency in more than one language.
- Photography and/or videography.
- Writing and editing.
- Digital marketing: social media and email.
Acaia develops and produces industrial-grade tools, connected devices, and software for coffee professionals and enthusiasts. We are dedicated to improving both coffee quality and the brewing experience, and pledge to act as an inclusive and collaborative member in the coffee community.
To apply, fill out the below application. If you can't see the embed, you can use this link.