Today, we’re excited to announce the Pearl 2021.
We’ve gone from the Kickstarter Pearl in 2013 to the original production Pearl in 2014 and now, in 2021, the newly updated Pearl in its 2nd generation iteration. The first two Pearls served both coffee enthusiasts and professionals alike. We’re pleased to add some popular requests to this new model and to enhance its performance with new technology.
For a full comparison chart between the original and 2021 Pearls, please visit this article. Some key differences between the previous version and the 2021 version include:
- NEW Real-time Flow-Rate Indicator — We designed an all-new Flow-Rate Indicator on the display to give instantaneous feedback on your pouring flow rate. This feature can be turned on and added to three modes: Dual Display, Pour Over Auto-Start Timer, and Beverage. The dotted line changes based on your pour speed and showcases bolded dots at speed intervals.
- Faster Response Time & Startup Time — With our latest weighing technology, we made the Pearl 2021 startup and response times 40% faster than the earlier Pearl.
- Brighter Display and Optimal Sunlight Readability — With four levels of brightness, it will be easier than ever to brew both inside and outside.
- USB Type-C Charging Port — We upgraded the charging port to USB Type-C with PD Support, which contributes to longer battery life and protection.
- New Stable Weight Indicator — An optional Stable Weight Indicator (a square icon on the left side) allows users to confidently know if a measurement readout has stabilized. This feature can be turned on or off in the Settings menu.
- New Icons — To make identifying modes easier, we’ve added icons on the right side to indicate which mode you’re in. The droplet and square icons hold the same meaning as in our Lunar scale.
- Improved Portafilter Mode — The Auto-Tare Mode and Portafilter Mode have been combined into one mode. In your Settings menu, you can adjust the tare to be instant like in the previous Auto-Tare Mode or to be delayed by a selected number of seconds like in the previous Portafilter Mode.
- Improved Beverage Mode — The Beverage Mode can now tare during the brewing process or return to the previous step.
- Designed to Last — This model was completely redesigned inside. The new modular design makes the Pearl more robust and serviceable. If you’re in need of any troubleshooting assistance, check out our Help Center or reach out to our service team.
- Easier-to-Check Battery Level — Battery level is now displayed when you enter settings mode by press and hold the power button when powering on.
Visit the Pearl’s product page for the full specifications. Additional FAQs are addressed in our Help Center.
For our dedicated original Pearl owners, we will still be supporting the model with spare parts and batteries. The Pearl Updater app will also be maintained.
Pearl 2021 release information
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we experienced several logistics and parts sourcing difficulties. This product release is limited in quantity and online only. We hope to be back to full production this summer.
On our US and European webshops, we will be releasing a number of scales daily, Monday through Friday. Purchases are limited to one unit per person.